|View printer-friendly version|
Whipped Topping Brand Honors 50th Anniversary with Sweet Reflections and New Product Launch
[VISUAL NOTE]: Cool Whip vintage imagery and new packaging photos available at http://bit.ly/1q5AYBf
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160404005139/en/
Many things have changed over the past 50 years, but the signature creamy taste of Cool Whip has stayed the same! (Graphic: Business Wire)
Sweet cravings have changed since Cool Whip was developed in 1966. But adding Cool Whip has always been an integral part of treat time. From Watergate Salad of the 1970s to cupcake frosting in the 2000s, Cool Whip’s one-of-a-kind cool and creamy taste has remained a favorite through it all. Its versatility and adaptability have made the whipped topping iconic.
“Cool Whip evokes a sense of nostalgia for many of our loyal
fans, bringing to mind family, holidays and special moments from the
last five decades,” said
A peek into The
- 1960s: Cool Whip is launched in 1966 as an alternative to homemade whipped cream.
- 1970s: One of the most iconic desserts of the decade, Watergate Salad features Cool Whip as the main component to this sweet salad.
- 1980s: Chocolate desserts were a staple of the ‘80s, with the rise of pudding pops, dirt cups and Mud Pie. Cool Whip is used to add a creamy touch to puddings and pie fillings.
- 1990s: With the “low-fat craze” maintaining momentum into the ‘90s, Cool Whip launches Cool Whip Lite and Cool Whip Free, with less and no fat, respectively, but the same creamy taste.
- 2000s: Cool Whip becomes part of the cupcake craze, as part of the individual dessert trend, ushering a variety of new seasonal flavors including French Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate.
- 2010s: Cool Whip continues to be a dessert staple, as baking enthusiasts create new treats, like cake pops and artisanal milkshakes, and bring back iconic ones, like poke cake and éclairs.
To learn more about Cool Whip products and find new treat recipes to #WhipUpSmiles, please visit coolwhip.com.